Find the typeface you are looking for from the extensive collection of WebINK web fonts.
Tools and Information to Perfect Your Typography
Mock-up your next project using the same web fonts that you’ll use in the final site, right in Adobe Photoshop.
Choosing the right web font solution can be daunting. Explore your options with this white paper.
Drag-and-drop WebINK fonts onto any website to see how they look. It’s fast, easy, and FREE.
Remove that unsightly flash of un-styled text in Internet Explorer & older versions of Firefox.
- Web-safe Fonts are Dead series
- Web Typography Reincarnated: Choosing Fonts for the Web
- Setting Type for Web Sites
- OpenType Layout Features in CSS 3
Setting Type on the Web
- Visual Hierarchy in Web Design great overview article
- The Contrast Rebellion: how many sites have inadequate contrast between text and background, and why that’s a huge problem. Join the rebellion!
- The Paragraph in Web Typography & Design great article by Jon Tan (although we disagree on using both first-line indent and extra line space at the same time)
- CSS3 Hyphenation Controls Fine tune as well as turn on hyphenation
- Hyphenation Browser Test by Eric Meyer. Verify if a browser supports hyphenation, and see effects of different settings in CSS and in the content.
- Line Height Sampler. W3 Schools interactive line height player.
- Ideal Line Length for Content by Russ Weakley, MaxDesign. How to control line length and what to set it to.
- Justification vs Ragged Right. Wikipedia article on justification.
- The Elements of Typographic Styleby Robert Bringhurst
- Thinking with Type by Ellen Lupton
- How to Explain Why Typography Matters (to clients, etc.) by Thomas Phinney
- Typophile, the main online typography hangout
- I Love Typography
- Typographica, source of in-depth typography articles (“Type Reviews, Books, Commentary”)
- TypeDrawers, another online typography hangout (more heavily moderated)
- Thomas Phinney’s blog
- Rick Santorum presidential website accused of font piracy
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter (NBC Universal) theme park sued for $2 Million for font misuse
- NBCUniversal settles $3.5 milllion font lawsuit with Brand Design Co (House Industries)
- NBC sued for $2 Million by The Font Bureau
- Mixpanel sued for $2.0 million over font in shared Tumblr theme