This is a free tool and all we ask is that you test it out and give us useful feedback to make it better.
2. Launch Photoshop
3. Choose Window > Extensions > Extensis to open the Extensis Font Panel.
4. Login to your WebINK account Need an account? Create one here.
5. Create or select any Text layer
6. Click any font name to select the font for use in Photoshop
Getting the Web Font Plug-in
- How do I get the plug-in?
- The FREE web font plug-in is installed with the current version of Suitcase Fusion 5. To get the plug-in, download and install the trial version of Suitcase Fusion 5.
- Is this really FREE?
- Yes, this is really free. The web font plug-in allows you to use WebINK and Google Web Fonts in the creation of website mock-ups in Photoshop.
- What is Suitcase Fusion and why do I need it?
- Suitcase Fusion is a professional font manager from Extensis. The Web Font Plug-in is a component of the software required to connect to the online web font libraries from WebINK and Google Web Fonts.
- Will the web font plug-in work even after the 30-day trial period of Suitcase Fusion 5?
- Yes, the web font plug-in will still function after the 30-day trial of Suitcase Fusion expires.
- Do I need a WebINK account?
- A free WebINK account is required to use web fonts from the WebINK service. Connecting to Google Web Fonts does not require any account or login.
- What is WebINK and how does it work?
- WebINK is a web font rental service from Extensis that allows you to use thousands of fonts on your websites. Use the web font plug-in to mock-up your sites in Photoshop, and only pay for the fonts that you use in your final site.
- I’ve created a great website mock-up, now what?
- After selecting the right web fonts for the job, you’re ready to integrate them into your CSS.
- For WebINK fonts, add your selected fonts to a WebINK project and click the Generate CSS button to get the CSS code for your site.
- For Google Web Fonts, click the Add to Collection button for each font, and then click the Use button to generate the CSS code for your site.
- I’m a web designer. Why would I want a font manager like Suitcase Fusion?
- Suitcase Fusion 5 manages your font needs throughout the design process – from desktop to web. Learn more about how Suitcase Fusion can help keep your creative workflow organized.
- Are all WebINK fonts available for use with the plug-in?
- Most foundries have made their fonts available for use with the web font plug-in, with more fonts coming available all the time.
- What versions of Photoshop are supported?
- Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Adobe Photoshop CS5.1
(ships with Adobe Creative Suite 5.5)
- Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Adobe Photoshop CC (version 14)
- Where can I send feedback?
- We want to hear what you think about the plug-in. Share your thoughts with us on the WebINK Support page.
- Can I use WebINK fonts with any Photoshop file?
- WebINK fonts from the Web Font Plug-in can only be used in website mock-ups and comps as part of the website design process. The fonts are not licensed to be used to create derivative works that are published in any other way. In other words, please don’t use WebINK fonts to create your sister’s printed birthday party invitation.
- Can I use Google Web Fonts with any Photoshop file?
- Google web fonts are open source and can be used in any file.